Our Hope Association is an independent non-profit organization founded in 1972 that is solely dedicated to guiding women to lifelong recovery from alcoholism, addiction and the mental health and emotional conditions so often related to these diseases. Our services are delivered in a gracious 130-year-old Victorian home hidden in the historic Heritage Hill neighborhood of Grand Rapids, Michigan. We are served by a small, expert all-female Staff, a diverse and talented Board, as well as a growing group of volunteers. We are always seeking new volunteers and we’d love to have you join us as we support, maintain and improve Our Hope’s services and our facilities.Volunteer opportunities at Our Hope
Please look over the list below to see if you think Our Hope could benefit from your help. Chances are, if you’re interested in donating your time and talent, we can find a spot for you. If you have any questions or are interested in pursuing one or more of the volunteer opportunities noted, please call our office at 616-451-2039 or contact us on-line. We’d love to hear from you!
- Visions of Hope (VOH) Committee – This is a group of women, many of whom are in recovery and/or Alumnae, but open to all, who work collaboratively with the Executive Director to undertake special projects and events to benefit Our Hope, as well as perform various tasks for the organization, like grocery shopping, gardening, remodeling, and administrative support . One very special recent event they initiated, planned and carried out was a “Shower of Love” which provided many items for the Residence and donations to the TLC Fund, a special targeted fund for maintaining and improving the Residence. Please call or contact us on-line to let us know if you’re interesting in joining this great group of women.
- Marketing and Development Committee – This is a group of women, led by a Board members with significant experience in Fund Development, Marketing and Event Planning, working in partnership with Our Hope’s Advancement Director and collaborating with the Executive Director, with primary responsibility for developing and executing Our Hope’s marketing and fundraising plans. This committee meets monthly at the Residence and can involve as much additional effort as you’re willing to give. Please call or contact us on-line if you're interested in joining this very active committee.
- Opportunities for Professionals – Our Hope welcomes volunteers from all walks of life, but we have special needs that only professionals can fulfill, including:
- Landscaping Maintenance
- Heating/Cooling/Plumbing Specialists
- Carpenters/Construction Specialists
- Licensed Medical and Dental Professionals
Please let us know if you can help by calling 616-451-2039 or contacting us on-line. We’d love to have you join us!