With counseling, education and a warm, home-like setting, Our Hope creates an environment where women discover healing that is rooted in honesty and hope. Our Signature Ninety-day Residential Treatment program provides a setting where women facing alcoholism and/or addiction can safely live and work toward recovery.
Ninety-day Residential Treatment is considered the “gold standard” because it helps women immerse themselves in the recovery process. Women learn to create healthy daily routines, make choices consistent with the recovery process, develop supportive relationships, safely practice new behaviors, and prepare to return to their lives and loved ones.
Why Residential Treatment?
- Best choice in treatment – For true immersion in the recovery process, Residential Treatment is your best choice. Alcoholism and addiction are driven in part by unhealthy choices and routines, and Residential Treatment helps break those habits by offering a new routine in a new, but comfortable environment. Studies have shown that the more comfortable a woman is in Residential Treatment, the longer she is willing to stay and importantly, longer stays are associated with better results. Unlike more resort- or spa-like facilities or those that are more institutional, Our Hope's home-like environment can help to ease a woman's transition back into her own home.
- Trauma Informed Care- Our Hope provides trauma informed care as one of our services, as we strive to treat the whole woman, taking into account past trauma, and the clients coping mechanisms when treating the woman. We heal the whole woman, as many intensely personal wounds can contribute to or are caused by alcoholism and/or addiction. These can be emotional, physical, spiritual or social in nature, and as long as they go unaddressed, they can continue to stand in the way of recovery. We help women explore these wounds and overcome the pain they create, so the journey to recovery comes from a place of healing, strength and hope. Each woman participating in Residential Treatment at Our Hope receives a thorough, completely confidential bio-psycho-social assessment of her unique issues conducted by one of our Masters Level Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselors within the first week of her treatment.
- Cost-effective – Compared to similar programs in West Michigan and nationally, Residential Treatment at Our Hope is an excellent value. You will benefit from comprehensive, 24-hour recovery support including comfortable surroundings and nutritious meals in our gracious historic home, one-on-one and group therapy, weekly yoga, Reiki, outings and more. And, your family and loved ones will benefit from our monthly education and information group led by one of our Clinical Therapists, included in the cost of your treatment at no additional charge. We encourage you to call or contact us online to discuss Residential Treatment at Our Hope and pricing. You might be surprised by just how affordable Residential Treatment at Our Hope is.
- Permission to focus on you – Sometimes the demands of family, a job, or the influence of friends can stand in the way of taking care of yourself and getting help. With Residential Treatment, each day can be about your needs.
What to Expect
- Full therapeutic support, including round-the-clock supervision by therapeutic staff
- A "community living" atmosphere, in which women create a support network by sharing the responsibilities of the house, cooking for each other and engaging in group activities
- A busy schedule, with a daily routine that becomes part of the recovery process and includes one-on-one therapy, group sessions, optional services and programs, social and cultural outings, and more
- Involvement in the outside women’s recovery community, including 12-Step programs and meetings, with transportation provided
- Ongoing support following treatment, including the connections made with other alumnae and our continuing care services
Ready to take the next step in your recovery? We’re ready to help. Contact us to learn more about all of Our Hope's services and pricing or to make an appointment to speak with a therapist.